Parr’s Acid Digestion Vessels are designed specifically for preparing laboratory samples for chemical analysis. Parr offers both general purpose and microwave acid digestion vessels for dissolving or digesting inorganic or organic samples in strong acids or alkalis in pressure vessels at elevated temperatures and pressures, with complete containment and recovery.
Acid Digestion Vessels
Parr acid digestion vessels offer an alternative to the task of preparing analytical samples for analysis. By combining the unique chemical inertness of PTFE with the advantages of a sealed pressure vessel, these convenient vessels offer a rapid procedure for sample dissolution or digestion that has several important advantages over more traditional methods of sample preparation. By providing a convenient means for holding strong mineral acids or alkalis at temperatures well above normal boiling points, these sturdy digestion vessels will:
- Accelerate digestions which otherwise would proceed slowly if conducted in an open container at atmospheric pressure.
- Permit the use of strong acids, such as HF or aqua regia, which will attack most other conventional containers.
- Dissolve analytical samples without losing trace elements and without adding unwanted contaminants from the container itself.
- Generate a vigorous chemical action that is a great time saver in analytical procedures.
- Obtain complete digestion or dissolution of samples that react slowly or incompletely when treated by other methods.
Chemists who have worked with sealed glass tubes and other cumbersome digestion devices will recognize the attractiveness of these convenient digestion vessels.
Microwave Acid Digestion Vessels
In addition to unique acid digestion vessels, Parr offers a line of chemically-inert vessels in which microwave heating can be used for rapid sample dissolution in a sealed vessel. These vessels can be placed directly in a microwave oven for specific, high speed heating to drastically reduce the time required to dissolve or digest an analytical sample. They are made in two sizes that can be heated in any of the commercial microwave ovens regularly offered for household use. Specially constructed and/or vented ovens are not required.Kontakt