The 8500 Series of stirred reactors, with volumes of 50 L or 100 L, are the largest reactors offered by Parr. This series expands the available volume of our standard offering by more than five times, while retaining the easy-to-use features our customers have come to expect from Parr. Ideally suited for scale up or pilot work, the geometry, features, and operation are very similar to that of smaller Parr reactors, but with a volume intermediate between lab-scale and traditional production scale stirred reactors.
As shown below, the 4848 Reactor Controller with associated 3 zone slave box allows for electric band heater control, or a jacket can be welded on the cylinder exterior for temperature control via circulator.
The base units are available with a 725 psi (50 bar) pressure rating, though higher pressure ratings are available upon request. As with other Parr vessels, these reactors can be constructed of a variety of commercially available corrosion-resistant alloys.
- Maximum Pressure (MAWP), 725 psi (50 bar)
- Maximum Temperature, 200 °C
- PID temperature control with ramp and soak programming
- Variable speed motor and gear drive
- Three zoned band heater or welded jacket
- Hoist for reactor head (manual or electric options)
- Bottom drain valve (actuated or manual options)
- Control thermocouple
Standard head fittings & internals include:
- FKM O-ring head seal
- Extra heavy duty magnetic drive
- Stir shaft and stirrer assembly
- Safety rupture disc assembly
- Pressure gage with optional pressure relief valve
- Gas inlet and release needle valves
- External solids charge assembly
- Spiral cooling coil
- Custom options available