The reactor system pictured at right includes the following key components:
- A gas handling and mixing sub-system used to blend and regulate the flow of reactant gas to the bottom of the
- A reactor roughly one meter long with a 2.5 cm ID. The lower portion of the reactor incorporates an easily replaced
porous metal gas diffusion plate and the top of the reactor widens abruptly to form a disengaging zone for the
fluidized bed. Separate heaters are provided for both the main reactor and disengaging zone.
- A moveable thermocouple in a thermowell is provided for monitoring the internal reactor temperature
- A heated cyclone separator or filter is provided immediately downstream of the reactor to capture the fines resulting from particle attrition.
- The reaction products are then cooled by a condenser and collected in a 600 mL product receiver.
- The system pressure is maintained by an automated, dome-loaded, back pressure regulator.
- All system functions and parameters are monitored and maintained by a Parr 4871 Process Controller (not shown).