Reactors and Pressure Vessel Repair
Any vessel may be returned to Parr for maintenance, repair and pressure testing. This service includes:
- Disassembly, cleaning and inspection of all parts.
- Replacement of any worn, corroded or non-functioning parts.
- Polishing of the head and cylinder.
- Hydrotesting of the cylinder.
- Re-assembly and pneumatic test.
This service will be charged on a time and material basis. An estimate is provided upon receipt and evaluation of the vessel. Replacement parts will be billed according to our current year Parr Parts Price List. Please contact Parr Customer Service to obtain a return authorization number and shipping instructions. A Health and Safety Assurance Certification Form and Pressure Reactor Repair Process and Form will also be provided. These forms should be completed and returned to Parr with the equipment.
Oxygen Bomb Repair Service
Oxygen Bombs may be returned to Parr for general overhaul and proof testing. There is a flat rate charge (plus shipping) for this service. Contact Parr Customer Service for pricing. Each service includes:
- Disassembly, cleaning and inspection of all bomb parts.
- Polishing inner surfaces of the bomb cylinder and head.
- Re-assembly with new electrodes, electrode insulators and seals, sealing rings and valve seats, if needed to restore the bomb to first class condition.
- Proof testing in accordance with ANSI/ASTM E144-94(2006)e1.
If the bomb head, screw cap or cylinder must be replaced, they will be billed at current year parts prices. If the bomb cylinder is badly pitted or corroded and must be re-bored, there an additional charge for this service. Any additional labor required to repair or restore the bomb to usable condition will be billed at current hourly rates. Repairs for all other bombs will be charged on a time and materials basis. There is a minimum charge for any repair service.
When returning bombs for repair, ship prepaid to Parr Instrument Company, Attn.: Repair Dept., 211 53rd Street, Moline, IL 61265. Send a covering purchase order or a person to call for a credit card with the shipment giving return shipping instructions and a contact name and phone number. If questions arise concerning repair costs or other problems the contact person will be notified.