SpecView® for Parr 4848 & 4838 Controllers
Parr Instrument Company has used SpecView Software for many years as the principal means to provide a flexible, customizable user interface for all Parr process controllers. The unified Modbus communications architecture of the 4848 & 4838 Controller Systems allows us to offer the power and convenience of SpecView, incorporating up to eight individual loop or limit controllers. This provides support for up to two fully populated 4848 Controllers or one 4848B Controller.
In comparison to the standard ParrComm software, this unique SpecView build offers the following enhancements:
- Improved real time plotting including multiple charts each with an unlimited number of pens
- Enhanced data logging — including the ability to log any controller parameter, not just the process variable
- Alarm and event logging
- Superior alarm annunciation
- The ability to easily customize the user interface to a given application
- The user interface can be localized, for example to support a variety of languages.
SpecView System Requirements
SpecView runs on the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10, 8, 8.1, & 7; 32 bit & 64 bit
Note that SpecView does not work on Windows 8 RT (as found on some Microsoft Surface tablets).
Parr recommends a minimum of:
- Intel Pentium processor or equivalent AMD
- 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended, as Windows takes most of this minimum)
- 1GB hard disk space to install SpecView and related utilities
- Additional disk space for data logging (varies depending on how much and how often you log data)
- Display adapter capable of operating at 1024 x 768 pixels and at least 16-bit color
- 2 USB ports
- A wired Ethernet port (Parr 4871 Controller only)
- Intel Core i5 (or Celeron or AMD equivalent) 2.6Ghz
- 8GB RAM
- 500GB hard disk + enough space for Data Logging