SpecView® for Parr 4848 & 4838 Controllers
For nearly a decade, Parr Instrument Company has used SpecView Software as the principal means to provide a flexible, customizable user interface for the 4871 Series Process Controllers. The unified Modbus communications architecture of the 4848 & 4838 Controller systems allows us to now bring the power and convenience of SpecView to the 4848 & 4838 Series Controller. A special arrangement with the developers of SpecView allows Parr to offer a unique version of SpecView with support for 4848 & 4838 Series instruments incorporating up to eight individual loop or limit controllers. This provides support for up to two fully populated 4848 Controllers or one 4848B Controller. Features and Benefits in comparison to the standard ParrComm software, this new SpecView build offers the following enhancements:
- Improved real time plotting including multiple charts each with an unlimited number of pens
- Enhanced data logging — including the ability to log any controller parameter, not just the process variable
- Alarm and event logging
- Superior alarm annunciation
- The ability to easily customize the user interface to a given application
- The user interface can be localized, for example to support a variety of languages.
SpecView System Requirements
SpecView runs on the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10, 8, 8.1, & 7; 32 bit & 64 bit
Note that SpecView does not work on Windows 8 RT (as found on some Microsoft Surface tablets).
Parr recommends a minimum of:
- Intel Pentium processor or equivalent AMD
- 1GB RAM (2GB or more recommended, as Windows takes most of this minimum)
- 1GB hard disk space to install SpecView and related utilities
- Additional disk space for data logging (varies depending on how much and how often you log data)
- Display adapter capable of operating at 1024 x 768 pixels and at least 16-bit color
- 2 USB ports
- A wired Ethernet port (Parr 4871 Controller only)
- Intel Core i5 (or Celeron / AMD equivalent) 2.6Ghz
- 2GB RAM
- 500GB hard disk + enough space for Data Logging
Essentially, anything that runs MS Word and MS Excel quickly will be OK for SpecView.